10 Money saving tips for the new year
1. Save up before you spend your money on that new XBox 360…don’t put it on a credit card.
3. Prepare your FAFSA and apply for financial aid with your school
4. Apply for scholarships
5. Don’t buy textbooks unless absolutely necessary, and if you do, be smart about it
6. Learn how to eat on a college student’s budget
8. Don’t get a credit card unless you can use it responsibly (if you do, don’t apply for more than two because multiple inquiries can hurt your score)
10. Utilize your school’s gym, computer lab, health clinic and other resources. You already pay for them.