10 Money Saving Tips for College Students
College is expensive! Sometimes you have to hustle to make ends meet. These 10 tips will help you stay afloat until payday.
- Save up before you spend your money on new stuff. Avoid using credit cards.
- Join a credit union or find a bank that offers free student checking accounts.
- Prepare your FAFSA and apply for financial aid with your school
- Apply for scholarships.
- Don’t buy textbooks unless absolutely necessary, and if you do, be smart about it.
- Learn how to eat on a college student’s budget.
- Make a budget and track your spending with a service like Mint.
- Don’t get a credit card unless you can use it responsibly.
- Cut the cable cord and sign up for Netflix, or Hulu. If you already take advantage of Amazon Prime’s student discount, you may be able to access their library of free TV and movies. If you’re really on a budget, you can use sites like Popcorn Flix, Crackle, Tubi TV, and Snag Films.
- Use your school’s gym, computer lab, health clinic and other resources that your tuition pays for.