Months ago I promised a few of my cheap recipes, but I never actually got around to posting any. So I’m starting. Here’s my penne pasta casserole. It costs a few dollars to make and feeds me and my boyfriend twice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bag of penne pasta
- spaghetti sauce (I use Prego)
- Boil the pasta until it is almost cooked. You want it just a little undercooked, where it’s soft, but not quite done.
- Brown the ground beef. Again, don’t completely cook. You don’t want it to be red, a little pink is okay.
- Pour pasta, ground beef and spaghetti sauce into big dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on the top. If you want it extra cheesy, put cheese throughout as well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Note: This “recipe” doesn’t count on exact amounts. Pasta, beef, sauce and cheese all depends on your liking. We like a lot of meat and cheese. Some people like more pasta. You can’t really mess this up. Also, you can substitute the pasta for another kind if you’d like. Macaroni noodles work fine.