As the U.S.’s largest independent city and home to some of the world’s biggest and most successful companies, Baltimore is a city of great opportunity. However, it’s also a city with some serious competition, and if you want to make more money, business school is an invaluable step on the way to financial success.
Here are just five of the ways that business school can help you excel in your career:
1. Enhanced resume – It almost goes without saying, but any candidate with a reputable business school on his or her resume is going to stand out against someone who doesn’t. Not only can it help you get the job when vying against other candidates, but this credential and the experience you gain by participating in the program can help you qualify for higher level jobs, many of which start at a higher pay rate.
2. Connections – Perhaps one of the best parts of business school is the connections and relationships you build while you’re there. The friends and acquaintances you meet while in school can often result in opportunities both when you graduate and years down the road.
3. Practice – Even if you’ve already been in the business world, school can give you invaluable training in dealing with situations you may not have encountered in your previous experience. You’ll learn how to solve problems faster and more efficiently, and you’ll be prepared for anything that could come your way. It can also give you a deeper understanding of other departments and fields in business so you can work more effectively with coworkers and other associates.
4. Higher pay – As one would imagine, more highly qualified candidates start jobs with larger salaries. But, did you know that many businesses will give current employees a raise too if they complete an educational course? Even if your company doesn’t volunteer this perk, going to business school gives you leverage in your next evaluation so you can bargain for a bigger salary increase.
5. Ability to move up – Many companies hold certain positions only for candidates with certain degrees. If you’re just starting at a company, graduating business school shows that you will be able to move up in the company so you can be put on that track. If you’re already working, business school can give you the boost you need to get that big promotion.
From international corporations like Under Armour to national sports teams like the Orioles to the hundreds of bustling local Baltimore businesses, the opportunity is there. The question you have to ask yourself is simply, “How are you going to take advantage of it?” For many people, the answer is business school in Baltimore.